The term ‘trench art’ refers to any decorative, and sometimes functional, items made from the…
Would you like to become a volunteer?
From providing a helpful and friendly greeting at our Front of House, to engaging with visitors in exhibition spaces and selling products in our shop, our dedicated team of Volunteers are at the very heart of The Royal Welsh Museum. We are looking for volunteers who are enthusiastic about our Museum, eager to learn new skills and confident with delivering excellent customer service.
Recruitment Social Evening
We are hosting a social evening for those interested in volunteering with us on Tuesday October 19th 17:00-18:00.
A great opportunity for anyone interested in learning more about volunteering as part of our meet and great team. Canapes and beverages will be served. If you have any questions, or cannot attend but would like to learn more please call the curator at 01874613310.
WHERE AND WHEN?
The Royal Welsh Museum, The Barracks, The Watton, Brecon, LD3 7EB
We are looking for people who can volunteer, for a minimum 1 shift per week on a weekday within the Museum. These shifts can be a morning, afternoon or full day. The times of shifts are between 10:00am – 5:00pm.
THIS ROLE IS SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WHO:
- enjoy meeting new people
- are enthusiastic, polite and have a friendly manner
- are interested in museums/history/military history
- enjoy working as part of a team and equally happy to work independently
- keen to learn about the history of The Royal Welsh and share this knowledge with our visitors
- provide a friendly welcome and engage with visitors
- contribute positively to an excellent visitor experience
- answering enquiries from members of the public, visitors, groups, etc.
- help to share our long history with our visitors
- work on the shop/gate till selling products (training will be given)
If you have any questions you can contact our Curator by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 01874613310.
Interested in becoming a volunteer but unable to make the evening? Please complete this form and send it to us.
We look forward to hearing from you!