We are located in Brecon town centre, within a few hundread metres of car parking and the canal. The Museum forms part of the barracks and has it’s own entrance just a few metres further along from the Barracks entrance.
Adults £5, Children (ages 5-16) £2
Serving Personnel/Veterans £3 (see below for more information)
Free admission is granted to Friends of the museum and children under 5 years of age. See below for more information on concessions.
Opening Times: Monday to Friday 10:00 to 17:00
The museum does not have its own car park, this is due to the building being part of the Brecon Barracks. However, there are many options for parking which are all very close to the museum. Along the street in front of the museum there are free spaces, or you have the option of The Watton long stay car park.
Our museum galleries are accessible to wheelchair users as it is all on one level with ample space to manoeuvre between displays. We also have an accessible toilet on the premises.
To keep everyone safe, if you are showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, we request that you don’t visit, as you may be turned away to reduce the risk to other visitors and staff. No booking required.
Our online shop is now open! We have a selection of gifts and souveniers available for purchase. We will continue to add more purchase options so watch this space! Shop now here.
Seasonally the museum opens on a weekend Saturday 10:30 to 16:00 (Easter until end of September) and Sunday 10:30 to 16:00 (August only)
* 2022 SATURDAY OPENINGS BEGIN APRIL 9th *
Please note: last admittance is a half hour prior to closing.
Where We Are
The Royal Welsh Museum is open on weekdays and seasonally on a weekend. The Museum will also be open on Bank Holiday Mondays (10:30-16:00).
- Serving Personnel / Veterans Discount of £3 admission when presenting your Defence Discount card or HM Armed Forces Veteran card or serving ID card.
- Members of Royal Welsh Regimental Association permitted FREE admission.
- Members of the Friends presenting membership card permitted FREE admission
- Serving Personnel/ Cadets in uniform when visiting and present serving ID card permitted FREE admission
- Carers Accompanying a Visitor permitted FREE admission
We are a charity and every penny we raise supports our work.
Additional Information to Help Plan Your Visit:
Please note, the museum does not permit dogs inside the museum unless they are an assistance dog.