Opening Times: Monday to Friday 10:00 to 17:00
Please note: last admittance is a half hour prior to closing.
Where We Are
We are located in Brecon town centre, a thriving town set in the heart of the Brecon Beacons National Park. Within touching distance of the beautiful Brecon and Monmouthshire canal, Brecon Cathedral and the new cultural centre Y Gaer.
The Museum building forms part of the wider Brecon barracks and has it’s own entrance just a few metres further along from the Barracks entrance on the Watton.
The museum does not have its own car park, this is due to the building being part of the Brecon military barracks.
However, there are many options for parking. In front of the museum there are free spaces, or you have the option of The Watton long stay car park, which is a 5 minute walk away.
Adults £5, Children (ages 5-16) £2
Family £12 (2 Adults + up to 3 Children)
Serving Personnel/Veterans £3 (see below for more information)
Free admission is granted to Friends of the museum and children under 5 years of age. See below for more information on concessions.
To keep everyone safe, if you are showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, we request that you don’t visit, as you may be turned away to reduce the risk to other visitors and staff. No booking required.
Our museum galleries are accessible to wheelchair users as it is all on one level with ample space to manoeuvre between displays. We also have an accessible toilet on the premises.
The Royal Welsh Museum is open on weekdays and seasonally on a weekend. The Museum will also be open on Bank Holiday Mondays (10:30-16:00).
- Serving Personnel / Veterans Discount of £3 admission when presenting your Defence Discount card or HM Armed Forces Veteran card or serving ID card.
- Members of Royal Welsh Regimental Association permitted FREE admission.
- Members of the Friends presenting membership card permitted FREE admission
- Serving Personnel/ Cadets in uniform when visiting and present serving ID card permitted FREE admission
- Carers Accompanying a Visitor permitted FREE admission
We are a charity and every penny we raise supports our work.
Additional Information to Help Plan Your Visit:
Please note, the museum does not permit dogs inside the museum unless they are an assistance dog.